1. Bat for Lashes “Sunday Love” parlophone
2. Gotobeds “Why’d You” sub pop
3. GOSH “ Hangin’ Out” guilt ridden
4. the So So Glos “Missionary” votive
5. Death From Above 1979 “Going Steady” thirdman
6. The Claypool Lennon Delirium “Ohmerica” ato
7. Disasterpeace “the Last General” (From the Soundtrack for Hyper Light Drifter)
8. March Prichard feat Bibio “Give It Your Choir” warp
9. Fujiya & Miyagi “To the Last Beat of My Heart” impossible objects of desire
10. the Monkees “Birth of an Accidental Hipster” rhino
11. Ciaran Lavery “Return to Form” believe
12. the Blind Pets “Big Kids” sub pop
13. King Khan “Children of the World” merge
14. Empty Houses “Daydream” sergeant house
15. My Jerusalem “Rabbit Rabbit” washington square
16. the Avalanches feat Danny Brown & DOOM “Frankie Sinatra” astralwerks
~~~Japanese Selection BLOCK~~~~
17. Boris “Pink” (Taken off the Live album “Crossing Waltz”) fang anal satan
18. Greenmachine “Punisher” diwphalanx
19. Church of Misery “Soul Discharge” diwphalanx
20. Aki-Ra Sunrise “Fetal Beats”
~~~Japanese Selection BLOCK~~~~
21. M83 “Go” mute
22. Radiohead “Decks Dark” xl
23. BADBADNOTGOOD feat Sam Herring “Time Moves Slow” innovative leisure
24. Gold Panda “Metal Bird” city slang
25. Oddisee “Right Side of the Bed”
26. Tobacco “God In Heat” ghostly
27. White Lung “Below” domino
28. Thurston Moore & Bernie Sanders “Feel it in Your Guts” joyful noise
KONICHIWA!!! Your boy is back, it was a nice break but its nice to be stateside again, ok thats a LIE I wish I was still in Japan. I will be posting a ton of videos and pictures along with stories about my adventures in the land of the rising sun in the upcoming weeks.
So much amazing music coming out left and right. the big news is the new Avalanches, I am drinking out of the Kool-Aid and am pretty sure this record is gonna be one of the best drops of 2016, we shall see.
In hour 1 of course Death From Above 1979, IDK who is in charge of mastering these live records that thridman puts out but DAMN GINA they sound fantastic. I preorder and bought Shabazz Palaces but with no turntable at the station (i know I know) and no digital version I could not play it, hopefully in the next few weeks.
The Claypool Lennon Delirium record is pretty solid, I have to spend more time with it but I dig every track on it so far. The Gotobeds along with the Blind Pets are other albums I have only listened to once which require some more ear love, but I will say this, Sub Pop is killing it right now.
I also finally got to connect with Disasterpeace who did all the whole soundtrack for Hyper Light Drifter (which is coming out later on the PS4 and hopefully the Vita in the next few months). The soundtrack is extraordinary PLUS iam8bit is doing a special run of these on WAX, scoop em before they are gone here <---Currently in Pre Order Mode. Make sure to check out Disasterpeace jamz here.
During hour 2 I played a block of music from some of the audio pick ups from Japan. Couldn't play any new vinyls as we don't have turntables at the station but I did buy some CD's. By the way the cd game in Japan is STRONG.
1st up is Boris, saw them play with Merzbow in Tokyo the 2nd day I was in Japan! They preformed Gensho live and HOLY F*CK it was one of the loudest shows I have ever been to. Anyways the merch table was selling a live Boris album called "Crossing Waltz” and if you are a Boris fan then you will love this double CD. The set list is crazy amazing. Crossing Waltz may have been an exclusive at this show but that detail is unconfirmed. I went ahead and played a live version of "PINK" off of "Crossing Waltz"> Boris is reissuing "PINK" this year via sargent house. The reissue of PINK has a bonus disc called "Forbidden Songs" hopefully I get some to play on an upcoming New Noize.
I then slid into some Japanese Metal (Greenmachine & Church of Misery) that the clerk at Disc Union recommended and tailed the Japanese Music Block with a cat I saw in Osaka called Aki-Ra Sunrise. Aki-Ra Sunrise was amazing live, he played so many strange instruments all at the same time it was pretty incredible. No worries I will report on Aki-Ra Sunrise later this month.
Oh did I mention I also M83 in Japan, they were GREAT!
Until next week my friends...