1. King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard "Planet B" flightless
2. Monolord "The Bastard Son" relapse
3. DragonForce "Highway to Oblivion" metal blade
4. Bad Wolves "I'll Be There" eleven seven
5. Foals "Black Bull"
6. Iggy Pop "James Bond" loma vista
7. ROCH "All Time Favourite Girl"
8. Safer "Sleepless Nights"
9. BAD CHILD "Breathing Fire" universal
10. Mikal Cronin "Show Me" merge
11. Miss June "Best Girl" frenchkiss
12. Ezra Furman "Evening Prayer aka Justice" bella union
13. Starcrawler "Bet My Brains" rough trade
14. BORIS "Peaches" trash-up
15. Meg & Dia "American Spirit" pure noise
16. San Mei "Something Good" etcetc
17. Janet May "Lessons To Learn" avenue a
18. Sleater-Kinney "Can I Go On" mom+pop
19. G Flip "Stupid" future classic
20. Boniface "Wake Me Back Up" transgressive
21. Angie McMahon "Keeping Time" dualtone music group
22. Beeef "Little Guys" 581977
23. Orange Animal "Dive" john ramsey
24. Miynt "The Idiot" B3SCI
25. Flying Lotus "Remind U" warp
26. Cuco "Ego Death In Thailand" interscope
Not On Spotify:
everything made it this week
Ok yes, this New Noize post is late but its been a whirlwind of a week. Tool is finally on Spotify, Fiesta Week here in Santa Barbara, and the most important thing had to be EVO this past weekend, especially if you are Pakistani. Why? Arslan Ash came out and absolutely BODIED the entire Tekken 7 circuit. Lets be honest for a hot minute, in America there are very few "positive" reflections of "us". This is changing with people like Aziz, Mindy and Hassan, but lets take an amazing show that know for its inclusive and diversity, EUPHORIA. This HBO show is fantastic but apparently in this surreal portrait of Americana all Asians are non-existent or stuck in AP class. The season ended in a freaking musical sign off very reminiscent of EVERY BOLLYWOOD movie in existence yet not one South Asian kid even in the exit number?
Enter the chosen one, a kid that put an entire nation on his back, Arslan Ash. All of his wins prior to this were deemed by almost everyone as "flukes" as he came out of no where. This warrior won EVO Japan and people still doubted him until this weekend. He ran through the competition, easily made it to the top 8 where he continued his domination and the finals. After wining he knelt to the ground (as all Muslims do 5x a day) to give thanks to the almighty and reinforced all that in all his messaging while including his mom.
I'm not crying, your crying. As you read this you may think this is not a big deal, you are WRONG. We are not represented in anything sports related at all, Baseball, basketball, hockey, football, USA soccer, until now. This is all thanks to the Fighting Game Community, specifically the EVOLUTION tournament. A tournament like no other in the world, a TRULY INCLUSIVE tournament. Pro, amateur, male, female, trans, gay, straight (or any spectrum) any race, any creed and any age as long as you are human you can enter. I am glad to be a part of this community and thankful for its existence.
For all those that missed it, here is the championship bout between the Tekken GOD Arslan Ash vs Knee(a Tekken GOD in his own right, only he gets crushed)
and here is the dude on ESPN:
This happened on Sunday as I was covering the Reggae Soundclash before switching over to New Noize and let me tell you I was HYPED for a solid 2 hours. Since I was on full tilt I kicked off the show with a healthy dose of metal and smoothed out the rest of the 2 hours with all the latest jams. I am really digging this band called Miynt. Their new album "Stay on Your Mind" is thick with solid jams that will fill your space with dopeness
Lastly I'm seeing Flylo on Thursday, its his 1st show of his new tour and I will have loads to say about that as well as giving you another 2 hours of New Noize come next Sunday.
Getting back to EVO...
You know I am a Dragonball FightersZ guy here is the finals between SonicFox vs GO1 (again IM NOT CRYING YOU ARE) and yes my GUY SonicFox maynot have won Dragonball FightersZ but he did end up winning Mortal Kombat 11.
My GUY SonicFox may not have won Dragonball FightersZ but he did end up winning Mortal Kombat 11.
This time for reals, see you next Sunday.