1. M.I.A. "POWA" interscope
2. Marian Hill "Down"
3. Thievery Corporation (feat Shana Hallihgan) "Love Has No Heart" ingrooves
4. Sampha "Kora Sings"
5. Jessica Hoop "Pegasi" sub pop
6. Mac Demarco "My Old Man"
7. Ty Richards "Going Out for a Cigarette" tremolo
8. Ty Segall “Thank You Mr. K"
9. Bleached "Can you Deal"
10. Rubblebucket "Donna" yebo
11. Cold War Kids "Love is Mystical"
12. Arcade Fire "Gave You Power"
13. SOHN "Proof 4ad
14. the New Pornographers “High Tickets Attractions”
15. Crystal Fairy “Crystal Fairy” ipecac
16. Hanni El Kahtib "Born Borwn"
17. Antropomorphia "Sermon ov Wrath" metal blade
18. Mastodon “Show Yourself”
19. Thundercat (feat Michael McDonald & Kenny Loggins) "Show You the Way” brainfeeder
20. Black Angels "Currency" partisan
21. Karriem Riggins “4Es'J” stonesthrow
22. Father John Misty “Ballad of the Dying Man” sub pop
23. the Royal Foundry "We Keep Dancing"
24. Priests "J.J." sister polygon
25. NE - HI "Sisters"
26. Future Island “Ran”
27. ninet "Elinore"
28. Japandroids “I'm Sorry”
29. Sleaford Mods "I Can Tell"
This past Sunday the "Industry" was out in full force for the Grammys. I always have mixed feelings about this particular awards show, namely who wins. I mean I think we all would agree the Adele has an incredible voice and can blow the pants off of anyone who steps up into her domain EXCEPT FOR THE BOSS LEVEL RPG G-O-D BEYONCE.
How Lemonade didn't dominate the Grammys landscape is beyond me, I mean did you see her performance? Looking like a remixed Shiva with gold on gold on gold she mesmerised all eyes, the only thing missing was psilocybin mixing with my blood to enhance the visuals she was throwing. Talking about performances that's what I'd rather focus on and there were some standouts. Bruno did his Prince thing, and yes Lady GaGa donned the metal veil and joined Metallica, broken mics and all. The night belonged to the TRIBE though. After Anderson Paak wowed the crowed the on-stage transition revealed Busta Bust aka Busta Rhymes flanked by the one and only Tip aka Q-Tip talking directly to the Cheeto in charge and proceeded to medly some new and old Tribe Called Quest tracks. Oh and MEGADEATH beat out Metallica for an award, so that's a 1st. My favorite Grammy moment didn't even happen on-stage, it was going on during the entire awards show and it was centered around the snubbed but loved Rihanna. RiRi brought a diamond studded flask cause you know, shes a badass.
New Noize was pretty dope this past Sunday as well. I PLAYED NEW MIA!!!!!!!! POWA gives me power, they hype levels are over 9000.
I also got my mits on the new Priests album and it has been in constant rotation on my iPod(classic status). I dived deeper into some new full lengths releases including SOHN, Sampha, Japandroids & Thievery Corporation.
See ya next Sunday...